Friday, April 03, 2009

Home, Safe & Sound

Well, the last few days have been long ones! As some of you know, I went to the hospital on Wednesday for a partial hysterectomy. I've been having a lot of problems the last 8 months and after many different medications and much deliberation, we chose to pursue surgery. I went in on Wednesday morning, with surgery at 1pm. I woke up from the anesthesia sometime around 5-6pm and was pretty much out of it until yesterday, although feeling pretty good! Gotta love those pain pumps! :)

Then yesterday, they were planning to discharge me but my bladder had different plans and refused to cooperate. So, they introduced the catheter again and once I was able to use "the facilities" like a big girl (this morning around 5am), I was then able to leave. Of course, I had to wait to be examined by the good doctor and then officially released. Well, while waiting, I started experiencing some intense pressure in my abdomen (I was praying there wasn't anything left in there from the surgery -- Wendy, bless you're heart for going through what you did last week)! Well, it just turned out that I had not taken any pain medication in almost 12 hours and the surgery was finally starting to feel real! Ugh, I would not recommend waiting that long! (Partially my fault for not staying on top it! Partially my nurses' fault for not getting me my meds!) So, they pumped me full of vicadin and now I'm home and flying high as a kite! :)

So, overall, the surgery went well. I spent one extra night in the hospital than I had wanted to, but it was better than coming home with a cath! :) And praise God, everything went very smoothly. Dr. Krivetzky said these surgeries usually last 1-3 hours, and she was done in 40 minutes! Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers -- I know they were heard! :)

I love you all . . . it's nice to be home! :)

1 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, April 05, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you're home and hopefully having a smooth recovery. I've been having problems as well and am having a hysterectomy June 1. I had a laparoscopy in February but am still not better. I'm glad to hear of another young person going through this.
Lora

 

Post a Comment

<< Home