Thursday, September 07, 2006

Home Sweet Home!




We left Wisconsin on Monday afternoon and got caught up in a lot of Labor Day Weekend traffic (all those people from IL traveling home from lakes in northern WI). We only got as far as an hour north of Chicago and had to stop -- we went about 5 mph for the last two hours of the trip. So, we found a hotel and crashed for the night. We got up pretty early the next morning and hit the road with no traffic problems the rest of the way home. We got home around 3:00 on Tuesday afternoon and it was nice to finally be here! Nelson went to the kennel and picked up Nora and she was excited to be home too! I think Emily felt the weight of the trip as well, as she slept majority of yesterday. She did really well though -- even through the heavy traffic jam on Monday.

We had a wonderful time in WI and got to see a lot of friends and family. To those I didn't get a chance to see -- we missed you and maybe we can catch up next time we're home! :)

Emily is continuing the gain weight and has another weight check this week -- I'll let you know how it goes, but we're not concerned. She's starting to get a lot of rolls on her legs and arms and her little face has really rounded out in the last week or two. She has also found her voice since we left for WI and is "talking" all the time now -- it is absolutely adorable!! :)

This month is looking pretty busy for us as we are hoping to finish up the rental house and put it up for sale. And on top of that, I have two weddings to work at my church. I love doing this job and I look forward to getting back into the swing of things! :) My church is also starting up a New Mom's Bible Study next week that I am planning to attend, as well as a knitting group twice a month. I am anxious for both of these activities to start -- it will be nice to get out of the house and meet new people! :)

Well, I think that's about it for now. I'll let you all know how the check-up goes.
So, until then . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home