Wednesday, June 14, 2006

4 Weeks Old Today


Hard to believe how fast this time has gone by -- only four weeks ago today we were in the hospital waiting for her to be born. Wow -- I sound like my mom whenever it's my birthday -- "It was only 'so-many-years-ago' today that your father and I were taking a walk and I went into labor with you". Watch out Emily -- you might be like me someday! Or like your grandma if you're lucky! :)

It has been a long four weeks but exciting at the same time. We are trying to adjust to sleeping 2-4 hours at a time at night and loving those few times where she has slept 6-7 in one stretch! :) I am feeling like my old self more and more and loving the fact that I can walk around without pain (no more infection or pinched nerve)! Emily is much more alert (as you can see in these pictures) and starting to smile and respond more. She is an absolute joy and I can't imagine our lives without her now!

My parents came down this past weekend and left yesterday. It was nice to see them again and they loved seeing the changes in Emily. They are quite taken with her and it was fun to see them as the doting grandparents. :)

Other than that, not much is going on here. Nelson finally got over to the rental house last weekend to mow the lawn and make sure the house was still standing. But other than that, we haven't done any work since before Emily was born. Kind of some more important things going on I guess! ;)

Well, that's about it for today. Until next time . . .

1 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, June 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i haven't told you guys congratulations yet...emily is so cute and beautiful. i love seeing all your pictures. i have a note to mail you guys that i've been meaning to for a long time!! i'll do it tomorrow. =)
amanda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home