Thursday, April 19, 2007

Emily's First Boo-Boo



Well, Emily thought she would try to fly this morning -- right off her changing table/dresser. I was getting her dressed for the day and looked away for a split-second and the next thing I knew, she was falling off the dresser and hit her forehead on an open drawer. She immediately started screaming and I ran downstairs to call Nelson (he was already at work). She had a crease in her forehead from the drawer and her nose was a little bloody and carpet-burned. She was freaking out and I was freaking out -- it was not a pretty sight! But by the time Nelson got home (about 10 minutes later), Emily was smiling and wanting to play with her dad! I, on the other hand, was still a basketcase. We called the drs office and they confirmed that we needed to go to the ER. We spent the morning at the ER having Emily examined. The radiologist said the CAT scan was normal and there was nothing wrong with her but some superficial swelling and scraping. Praise God for His protection!

Emily still has quite the bump on her forehead and her nose is still red. Otherwise, she has been her normal chatty-self all day and doesn't seem phased by this morning's events. I on the other hand am still a little jumpy but I'm so greatful that she's ok. What a day!

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, April 20, 2007, Blogger Becks & Lee said...

Praise God! Glad to hear that she is doing all right! What a scare! I can't imagine!! I would be a bit jumpy too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home