Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Third Prenatal Visit


Well, here we are again. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and didn't eat too much -- I know we sure did! I think my dad and I each ate a whole pie on our own!! Amazingly when I weighed in at the drs office, I have lost three pounds -- I've never done that after Thanksgiving! :)

We had a great time with my parents. They helped with the rental house a lot and we got tons done! It's amazing what happens when you get more people over there working together! We'll get some pictures posted so you all can see the progress. :) It was so nice to have them here for almost ten days and it was sad to see them go!

Anyway, my checkup went really well. My parents were able to come with me and hear the baby's heartbeat and hear her kick! They loved it!! The heart rate was around 160 beats per minute -- nice and strong! :)

They also did the "quad test" which measures some substances in my blood. This could detect any disorder or possible problems that have come about in the baby. I'll have the results in a week but Judy said not to worry about anything.

The truly exciting news is that I scheduled the ultrasound for December 19th -- we don't have to wait until after Christmas to find out the sex of the baby! So, stay posted! We're going to have Judy write down the sex of the baby and put it into a Christmas card, which we'll then open on Christmas morning. So be sure to check here on Christmas morning -- we'll let you know what the sex is! We can't wait!! :)

So, that's that for now. Until next time...

5 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Becks & Lee said...

Did Nora take this photo for you? Hehehe :o) Glad to hear that your time with your parents went really well! And that you were able to get some things accomplished on your rental. We will be waiting to hear if your baby is a boy or a girl!! I am going to guess that baby is a .... but I am going to keep that to myself. And wait and see!

 
At 11:33 AM, December 01, 2005, Blogger Frank Davenport said...

That is so exciting!! I can't wait to find out what it is!

Miss you guys!
Chris & Lia

 
At 5:03 PM, December 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nelson and Jenn!
It's Luree--hope you don't mind that Krissy gave me this "inside track" on your life--She probably got sick of me asking, so she just got me off her back this way! Anyway, having one of each, either gender is AWESOME, so CONGRATULATIONS (assuming that it is actually one of those two options)!!!!
I'll be checking in!
Lur

 
At 7:08 PM, December 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well good luck at the ultrasound. Warning: babies don't always cooperate. So don't be surprised if the Christmas card says, "It's an IT!"

Good Luck,
Jill and Nathan

 
At 10:03 AM, December 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn-

Great blog! I'm so impressed! Brandon and I are so happy for you guys! You will be awesome parents! One tip for the ultrasound...drink a glass of orange juice right before you go in for the ultrasound and that will make the baby move around a lot so you are sure to see the sex! It worked for my twins...they were spastic inside after the oj! Good luck!

Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home