Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Perfect Day

Ever have one of those days where everything seems to go right and you look back on it and think it was a wonderfully, perfect day? Well, I had one of those yesterday.

Yesterday morning I met my friend and mentor, Rochelle, for breakfast and we talked for a long time about pregnancies and babies. It was nice to hear what she went through as a mother and some of the fears she had -- some of which have been going through my mind recently. She put my mind at ease and it was a really nice time! I cherish her friendship and appreciate everything her and her husband have done for us over the years! :)

I then went home to find out that Nelson was taking a 1/2 day of vacation to just spend time with me. It was a wonderful surprise and much needed! :) We sat around and talked for a while and then went to a matinee movie. After that, we had almost an hour to kill before heading up to Akron for Bible Study, so we stopped by Borders (our favorite place to hang out) and looked at a bunch of books and cds. It was a very relaxing and needed time together! :)

We finally got up to Akron for Bible Study around 6:30 to find all of our friends there -- throwing us a surprise baby shower! These friends have been like family to us over the years and it was so meaningful for them to do this for us. Kasey even made our favorite Carrabbas Restaurant dish -- Chicken Bryan!

The day couldn't have been any better! Thank you to everyone who made it so perfect! :) We love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home