Wednesday, May 10, 2006

40 Weeks today -- and still nothing!

Yes, today is the due date -- at least it's supposed to be the due date. They always tell you these things are estimates so that you're prepared to go over, but you never realize how annoying it is to go past it until you do just that.

The doctor today was very friendly and asked if I wanted the truth or to be lied to. I said I preferred the truth -- I think that might have been the wrong choice! ;) He said I'm barely effaced and not dilated at all. And because of the lack of signs of labor in the near future, he recommended I eat some spicy Mexican food and get a foot rub from Nelson -- apparently those are two old wives tales that he thinks might help speed things along. And if all else fails, at least I got a good meal and massage out of it! :)

I'm still feeling great (minus the extreme swelling and anxiousness to get this over with) and really could not have asked for a better pregnancy. God has been so good to us!

I have another appointment scheduled for next Wednesday where they'll do a non-stress test and then schedule inducing -- that's all assuming I haven't had the baby by then. Let's hope I don't make it to that appointment! :)

So, until next Wednesday, but hopefully before then . . .

3 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, May 10, 2006, Blogger Frank Davenport said...

how exciting!!! can't wait to see the newest lewis!! :)

 
At 7:29 PM, May 10, 2006, Blogger Becks & Lee said...

Ah, yes...going past the due date! I was there as well :o) Not too fun going past. (Especially with parents in town waiting that extra week with you) I ended up with the additional doctors appointment and the non-stress test and another ultrasound...just to go in and be induced. Hopefully things will just start happening for you and you won't have to get to that point! I will be praying that for you! May the spicy Mexican food and massage work for you :o) Can't wait to hear that you are back at home with your little girl!

 
At 9:39 PM, May 10, 2006, Blogger kirsten said...

aaahhh! this is so exciting! i am sorry you are now past due, but i am so glad and thankful to the Lord that you are doing so well. we will be praying for you as you wait. she'll arrive at exactly the right time! looking forward to it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home